Amanda-Users

Re: Network ports usage vs version

2009-04-16 06:34:51
Subject: Re: Network ports usage vs version
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 06:27:03 -0400
On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 09:27:38PM -0400, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 9:16 PM, stan <stanb AT panix DOT com> wrote:
> > We just upgraded one of our Amanda clients from 2.4.3P4 to 2.5.2P1. The
> > backups stared failing imediaely, with errors that look like failure to get
> > the index data back to the server.
>
> Can you show us the errors you're seeing?
>
> 2.4.3 only supported BSD auth, so it's possible you have 2.5.2
> configured with a different auth method.

They are the index tee errors I showed you yesterday. We went down the road
you are thinking of, but we don't see what we expect fro corresponding
errors in the log files, based upon searching the archives for the expected
failure of this. And, we have not changed anything about the
configurations. So, unless we did have it configured for some other auth,
and it was "automagicly" falling back to BSD auth on the older client,
that does not seem to make sense. Debbie found some indications in some of
the debug files, that it appears to be having a hard time make the socket
connection.

I will ask her to post these errors, when we get to work today.

Just to make it clear _the only_ change wee made was to install the newer
client, on the exact same machine. No changes were made on the server

programs.