Amanda-Users

Re: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR April 9, 2009

2009-04-10 14:33:00
Subject: Re: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR April 9, 2009
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 13:22:56 -0400
On Thursday 09 April 2009, John Hein wrote:
>John Hein wrote at 08:47 -0600 on Apr  9, 2009:
> > This (snippet below from the gtar NEWS file) was added in 1.21
>
>Woops.  Sorry --no-check-device was added for 1.20.  I've never tested
>it, however.  If you can prove a device number change and use of this
>option is causing the "big incremental" dump problem, let us know
>(start a separate thread).

I thought it was in the version I'm using. :)  I wonder if fedora took that
back out of the rpms?  In a manner that would not cause an error?  Anyway,
I've posted a plea to the fedora list for tar-1.21.  And gave them a little
what for as only I can do it. :)

Is there a way to look at something from the older backups that would prove
the device numbering change?   I didn't reboot so they should NOT have
changed.  But had to this morning (after those 2 failed runs) because I locked
up tight trying to update the radeonhd driver while x was running.  Duh.

And an ls -l /dev/sd* still looks the same, major is 8, minors follow
precedence as usual.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Never look up when dragons fly overhead.