Amanda-Users

Re: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR April 9, 2009

2009-04-09 10:12:37
Subject: Re: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR April 9, 2009
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 10:05:26 -0400
On Thursday 09 April 2009, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
>On Thu, Apr 9, 2009 at 8:53 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
wrote:
>> Uptime is about 5 days now, but this may be the beginning of the end.
>> Something made it think all data was new from the looks of this.  This was
>> the first run of 20090323, 20090321 works fine.  Another device mapper
>> screwup? It was updated by yum yesterday.
>
>That seems the most likely cause.
>
>Dustin

Yeas, but I thought we had worked out something that made amanda immune to
those little annoyances?  Or was tar changed and the fix didn't work now?

[amanda@coyote GenesAmandaHelper-0.6]$ tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.20

Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.

Here is the amgtar stanza from amanda.conf:

define application-tool app_amgtar {
     comment "amgtar"
     plugin  "amgtar"
     #property "GNUTAR-PATH" "/path/to/gtar"
     #property "GNUTAR-LISTDIR" "/path/to/gnutar_list_dir"
     #default from gnutar_list_dir setting in amanda-client.conf
     #property "ONE-FILE-SYSTEM" "yes"  #use '--one-file-system' option
     #property "SPARSE" "yes"           #use '--sparse' option
     #property "ATIME-PRESERVE" "yes"   #use '--atime-preserve=system' option
     property "CHECK-DEVICE" "no"       #use '--no-check-device' if set to
"no"
}
Do I need to set additional options?

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)