Amanda-Users

Re: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR April 9, 2009

2009-04-10 13:24:06
Subject: Re: The Coyote Den AMANDA MAIL REPORT FOR April 9, 2009
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 12:16:36 -0400
wrote:
>> Yeas, but I thought we had worked out something that made amanda immune to
>> those little annoyances?  Or was tar changed and the fix didn't work now?
>
>Hard to say -- is there anything in the sendsize backup logs that
>would suggest why it estimated the incrementals to be so large?
>
>Dustin

Dunno, looking now.  A grep of 3 runs for 'estimate size', 1st is good, last 2
failed is attached.  At 323, all levels are suddenly level 0 size.

This looks normal:
[root@coyote log]# ls -l /dev/sd*
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8,  0 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sda
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8,  1 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sda1
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8,  2 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sda2
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8,  3 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sda3
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 16 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sdb
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 17 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sdb1
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 18 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sdb2
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 19 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sdb3
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 32 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sdc
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 33 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sdc1
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 48 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sdd
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 49 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sdd1
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 50 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sdd2
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 51 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sdd3
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 64 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sde
brw-rw---- 1 root disk 8, 65 2009-04-09 10:37 /dev/sde1

So I'm not inclined to think lanana has been screwing with device numbers
recently.  And in the amgtar.debug files (or even in an htop display while its
running), the '--no-device-check' option is being passed to tar.  Tar is v1.20
and has been since installing F10.

Me goes off to look up a gizmo called a rhumba box.  I might build one for the
bro-in-law, who played a standup bass in any musical production being done
around Ithaca NY before he had a stroke about 5 years ago.  That was his life
till then.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Your mode of life will be changed for the better because of good news soon.