Amanda-Users

Re: amdump & log files from 2.6.1 run yesterda

2009-02-20 12:40:24
Subject: Re: amdump & log files from 2.6.1 run yesterda
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:32:31 -0500
On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Debbie O'Connell <docrtp AT yahoo DOT com>
wrote:
> We think these are the files you wanted us to send to you.  amdump.1 (vs
> amdump) had a timestamp from an earlier run yesterday, amdump is from the
> 3:30pm testing we did that corresponds to the taper debug file.  btw, we
> restored 2.5.2p1 to the server for last night's backup & it successfully ran
> using the tape in question - the vtape, logical & physical tape, same drive,
> etc. that fails under 2.6.1 was used for the nightly backup.  It found the
> tape labeled as "DailyDump04" -> vtape5, slot5 (uses single tape drive
> /dev/nst0) & wrote everything successfully. Thanks, Debbie

Hmm -- I can't find anything in those logfiles that would indicate why
the device is failing.  The problem is really very specific, and does
not involve changers, but rather the RAIT, VFS, and Tape device
drivers.

IIRC you built from source.  If I send a patch that adds additional
debugging information, could you try it?

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com