Amanda-Users

Another comment

2009-02-20 11:39:41
Subject: Another comment
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: dustin AT zmanda DOT com
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 11:35:10 -0500
I thought this might be useful data. We had a good run with the older
release last night. This left the "changer" pointer pointing at slot 5, we
put in todays tape, per normal practice, and when I run amcheck here are
the results:

amanda@amanda:/vtapes/DailyDump/vtape5$ amcheck DailyDump
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /dumpdisk: 544744 MB disk space available, using 544644 MB
slot 5: not an amanda tape (Numerical argument out of domain)
slot 6: read label `DailyDump05', date `20090109'
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape DailyDump05 label ok
Server check took 7.007 seconds

As you can see, it determined that what was in "slot" 5 was not valid,
 & then incremented to the next "slot", found a matched RAIT pair, and this also
matched the next tape label in the tape list, so it is happy. But what
_seems_ to happening in the new release is something different. I
have seen evidence that it decrements the changer "slot" rather than
incrementing it, and that it decrements by 2 instead of 1, but I can't
prove these at the moment.

programs.