Amanda-Users

Re: changer problems with 2.6.1

2009-02-19 09:15:15
Subject: Re: changer problems with 2.6.1
From: stan <stanb AT panix DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 09:07:29 -0500
Good morning.

Thanks to all you patient help, we seem to be very close to getting the new
client working! Thanks.

We mad a bad decision years ago to store all of the Amanda related stuff
in /opt/amanda. This would include the Amado software, configs, and
history. This makes upgrading a bit tricky. Having said that, I think we
are stuck with this, as it would be a huge change to redo it at the moment,
so we are going to document the upgrade procedure required by this.

So, in addition to thanks, I have a question. Since this _is_ the direction
we have chosen to go in, I would like to put the requisite perl modules in
this tree also. Is there a way to get the build process to do this?

programs.