Amanda-Users

results for linuxquestions.org members choice awards

2009-02-12 21:13:27
Subject: results for linuxquestions.org members choice awards
From: Chris Hoogendyk <hoogendyk AT bio.umass DOT edu>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 21:01:44 -0500
Well, the results are in. They are a little weird for backup application. rsync and tar came in ahead of Amanda. I guess it's all in what a person thinks a backup application is. The list of choices in this category was very broad, and I imagine a lot of the voters are just home users or students who use linux.

Anyway, Amanda did come in well ahead of any other integrated backup applications, as opposed to utilities. Thank you to all of you who checked in to cast a vote.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/2008-linuxquestions.org-members-choice-awards-83/backup-application-of-the-year-695663/

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-