Amanda-Users

Re: 2.6.2alpha question.

2009-01-29 08:32:08
Subject: Re: 2.6.2alpha question.
From: Benjamin Lewis <bhlewis AT purdue DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:24:34 -0500
Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 January 2009, Benjamin Lewis wrote:

>> I think it would be a good idea to pick some other name to test with
>> since the .name TLD has come into existence.  host.name and a.host.name
>> both resolve.  There's no reason that not.a.host.name couldn't resolve
>> someday.

> Now that makes sense.  As Jean-Louis would say, patches to configure.in
> welcome. :-)

I submitted a patch to config/amanda/dumpers.m4 to change
not.a.host.name to nosuchhost.amanda.org in the configure script.  The
Request ID is 2545424.  The patch was developed against the
amanda-2.6.2alpha-20090128 source code.

The patch is completely untested by me because I can't get the autogen
script to run (probably GLIB related) on my workstation and I don't have
time to fool with that at the moment.

I should note that there's also a bug in the autogen script itself:

die() {
    echo x"${@}" | sed s/^x//
    exit 1
}

Maybe that works on Linux where /bin/sh and /bin/bash are identical but
on Solaris you'll need something like

die() {
    echo x"${@}" | sed 's/^x//'
    exit 1
}

Thanks,

-Ben

--
Benjamin Lewis, CISSP <bhlewis AT purdue DOT edu>
Security Analyst, Identity and Access Management