Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] understanding amanda conf file

2008-12-19 18:14:39
Subject: [Amanda-users] understanding amanda conf file
From: shantanu uab <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:08:01 -0500
What is the significance of netusage parameter and network interface definition
in amanda configuration file? Are they related to each other?

The holdingdisk space can be specified by 'use' parameter. The conf file says a
non-positive value means use all space but that value. Does it imply all
available space minus the specified value?

In the middle of my backup process I got this message from Amanda:

Subject&#58; lab AMANDA PROBLEM&#58; FIX BEFORE RUN, IF POSSIBLE
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /space/amandahold/atlab-desktops&#58; 105584 MB disk space
available, using 105484 MB
WARNING&#58; skipping tape test because amdump or amflush seem to be running
WARNING&#58; if they are not, you must run amcleanup
Server check took 0.101 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check&#58; 1 host checked in 14.881 seconds.&nbsp; 0 problems found.

Is it related to the holdingdisk space allocated? I didn't know how to fix it
and simply ignored this message. The backup process ran smoothly though. Can
anyone please explain what could be the problem / where to look for it?

--
Shantanu Pavgi.