Amanda-Users

Re: Advice on flushing a large dump

2008-12-18 14:10:23
Subject: Re: Advice on flushing a large dump
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Zembower, Kevin" <kzembowe AT jhuccp DOT org>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:03:19 -0500
Zembower, Kevin wrote:
Is your 'holding delete' the same as this version's 'delete'? I'm nervous about something
that just says, "Delete from database."
NO, it's not the same.

You should move the holding files on another directory
force a full dump of the disk: amadmin $conf force $host $disk
run the dump
If the full succeed, you can remove the copy of the holding files.

Jean-Louis
Thanks, again, for trying to help me.

-Kevin