Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx strange behaviour

2008-12-18 13:26:24
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx strange behaviour
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:19:05 -0500
Jean-Louis,

* Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com> [20081218 13:11]:
> What is the error you get in the report?

*** A TAPE ERROR OCCURRED: [Could not find a tape to use].
There are 592586640M of dumps left in the holding disk.
Run amflush to flush them to tape.

> What is the number of 'reuse' tape in the tapelist?

62 tapes in tapelist, 61 in 'reuse' and 1 in 'no-reuse'

~# grep 'no-reuse' /opt/amanda/etc/amanda/right2/tapelist
20081214045604 av24-2_right2_V00015L3 no-reuse

~# grep -v 'no-reuse' /opt/amanda/etc/amanda/right2/tapelist | wc -l
61

> Is it greater than your tapecycle?

~# grep tapecycle /opt/amanda/etc/amanda/right2/amanda.conf
tapecycle 62

thanks!
jf

--
<° >< Jean-François Malouin          McConnell Brain Imaging Centre
Systems/Network Administrator       Montréal Neurological Institute