Amanda-Users

Re: chg-zd-mtx strange behaviour

2008-12-18 13:16:02
Subject: Re: chg-zd-mtx strange behaviour
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 13:09:21 -0500
What is the error you get in the report?
What is the number of 'reuse' tape in the tapelist?
Is it greater than your tapecycle?

Jean-Louis

Jean-Francois Malouin wrote:
Hi, An amanda run last night ended up in the holddisk due to the fact
that chg-zd-mtx didn't hunt for the requested tape even it's loaded and
it is in 'reuse' mode. Note that previous to the run I had put a tape in
`no-reuse' mode but that tape wasn't in the expected set of tapes for
this run. Amanda-2.6.0p2 btw.

I have attached the debug files but essentially the events went like
this: the tape drive got unloaded (the drive was empty so nothing
really happened there), then current slot was loaded, then an attemp to add
its label to the amanda barcode file but the barcode was already
in there, then proceeded to load the next slot containing the tape
that amanda was expecting but it just kept going, trying the sync the
label to the barcodes file, and that went on for the remaining slots
and amanda finally gave up after scanning the whole slot list.
Any ideas? I just did a 'amtape $conf label _some_label' without
a glitch, amanda hunting and loading the right tape but I see the
same pattern right now after trying the flush the hold disk to tape.

thanks!
jf