Amanda-Users

Re: dumpcycle

2008-12-03 14:26:38
Subject: Re: dumpcycle
From: Paul Yeatman <pyeatman AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Krahn, Anderson" <AKrahn AT gs1us DOT org>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:23:00 -0800
Yes, it is a bit less likely to know what to expect when dumpcycle is 0
yet tapecycle and rutapes are the parameters used in deciding when to
reuse a tape

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Taper_scan_algorithm

In short, tapecycle - 1 tapes are always preserved.  Until a tape is
reused or removed, it is in the database and can be accessed.  Thus, you
should always be able to count on your last 3 written tapes to be
available to you.

Paul

--
Design Engineer