Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda Debugging

2008-11-30 14:48:30
Subject: Re: Amanda Debugging
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: jsummers AT bachman.cs.ou DOT edu
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 14:41:20 -0500
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 10:55 AM, Jim Summers
<jsummers AT bachman.cs.ou DOT edu> wrote:
> Looking on the clients, I found no activity except on one gtar process on
> one DLE.  That client also has amdumps and sendsize running.  Using very
> little cpu.

I think that this is the key to what stalled the backups.  Was the
gtar process hung too?  Such a hang can be caused by a hung mountpoint
or, in some fs's, filesystem corruption.  But Amanda will dutifully
wait for more data.

Killing this process and re-running amcleanup should get you a working
setup again, but I assume you've figured this out -- it's been a few
days since you posted..

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer