Amanda-Users

Re: Installing 2.6.0p2 on Ubuntu

2008-11-29 12:55:10
Subject: Re: Installing 2.6.0p2 on Ubuntu
From: Matt Burkhardt <mlb AT imparisystems DOT com>
To: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 11:49:43 -0500
Sorry it takes me awhile to get back.

Anyway - here's what's happened to me -

Originally installed http://www.zmanda.com/downloads/community/Amanda/2.6.0p2/Ubuntu-Hardy/amanda-backup-server_2.6.0p2-1_i386.deb but kept getting an error about missing a p1 library whenever I tried to run amrecover (so I think there's a problem with that Amanda package).  So I did an apt-get remove.

Then - downloaded Amanda 2.6.0.p2 from scratch and installed, but was running into problems with the configuration - problem was that it wasn't finding the configuration files that I had set up originally - I was getting ready to rerun ./configure with the parameters that would match my system, but then amanda 2.6.1b1 was announced, so I ran make uninstall on the 2.6.0p2 version, then downloaded http://www.zmanda.com/downloads/community/Amanda/2.6.1b1/Ubuntu-Hardy/amanda-backup-server_2.6.1b1-1_i386.deb and everything seems to be as it should!

I'm currently running an amflush, I was getting an error about it when I tried to run amrecover.  It's backing up to Amazon S3, and I'll let you know how that works.

Thanks!

On Thu, 2008-11-20 at 18:14 -0600, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Matt Burkhardt <mlb AT imparisystems DOT com> wrote:
> AMRECOVER Version 2.6.0p2. Contacting server on ubuntu ...
> [request failed: timeout waiting for ACK]
>
> Is there another configure directive to find the original files?

This can be because amrecover is using the wrong auth mechanism to
find the server (look for "auth" in /etc/amanda/amanda-client.conf),
or because something is wrong with your xinetd configuration -- is the
executable that's pointing to still at that location?

Dustin

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
President
Impari Systems, Inc.