Amanda-Users

Installing 2.6.0p2 on Ubuntu

2008-11-19 16:12:27
Subject: Installing 2.6.0p2 on Ubuntu
From: Matt Burkhardt <mlb AT imparisystems DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:00:29 -0500
I used the Ubuntu Hardy Haron package to install Amanda server on my server.  It ran the backups correctly, but now I need to recover a file.  If  I ran recover, it was asking for one of the 2.6.0p1 files - so I uninstalled Amanda through apt-get and pulled down the 2.6.0p2 package and compiled it on the machine.

I changed the user and groups when running ./configure to match up with the users and groups defined with the Ubuntu package - and now I'm trying to run amrecover by typing

sudo amrecover /etc/amanda/DailySet1

but I get -

AMRECOVER Version 2.6.0p2. Contacting server on ubuntu ...
[request failed: timeout waiting for ACK]

Is there another configure directive to find the original files?

Matt Burkhardt, MSTM
President
Impari Systems, Inc.
502 Fairview Avenue