Amanda-Users

Re: recovery question

2008-11-19 14:53:15
Subject: Re: recovery question
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, thomaswegner AT gmx DOT net
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:45:28 -0500
On Wednesday 19 November 2008, Thomas Wegner wrote:
>Hi Gene!
>
>> Unforch, what I need is an amfind utility.  I need to find all the
>> spamassassin & perl stuffs that made spamassassin work before, I'm
>> drowning in spam here.
>
>Take a look at "amadmin info" and  "amadmin find". I think that are the
>tools you are looking for. More at
>http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Restoring_files

I actually found enough rpms to get it installed.  Unforch, selinux is now
disabling spamd's access to that users .user_prefs file, so while I've gotten
rid of the "MISSED" message, it isn't actually working as planned yet.

Would my backups contain the correct perms and selinux contexts to restore
this?

I have a msg posted to the selinux list, but so far no replies there.

Thanks Thomas.

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
War hath no fury like a non-combatant.
                -- Charles Edward Montague