Amanda-Users

Re: amanda-2.6.0p2: a few remarks and questions

2008-11-10 18:08:14
Subject: Re: amanda-2.6.0p2: a few remarks and questions
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: AMANDA users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:53:27 -0500
* Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
[20081110 12:27]:
> Hello,
>
> I've finally got to install amanda-2.6.0p2 on a system going soon into
> production and while getting used to the new features and I noticed a
> few things that have changed since 2.5.x :

Since no-one is answering, I'll continue my lonely tirade :)

What happened to the `CONFIGURE_COMMAND' line in the amandad debug files?

This is very useful when testing different config setups. For
instance, it took me a while to discover that I had made a typo while
running configure with `--with-maxtapeblocksize'. I would had spotted
this right away with that line in the amandad debug file. After a lot
of greping through the log files I discovered, buried in the taper
debug files, the only place afaik where one can find the tapetype
blocksize numerical value in lines like:

<timestamp>: taper: Building type 3 (FILE) header of size 2097152 using:

cheers,
jf