Amanda-Users

Web interface for Amanda

2008-11-10 23:40:25
Subject: Web interface for Amanda
From: Olivier Nicole <on AT cs.ait.ac DOT th>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 11:29:46 +0700 (ICT)
Hi,

This web interface
(http://www.cs.ait.ac.th/laboratory/amanda/index.shtml) can be used to
let your users register their Windows Microsoft PC to Amanda backup.

First the user has to set a special backup user and to define shares
to be accessible for backup. Then, using the interface, the user can
add the shares to Amanda, as incremental backup or as full backup
only. The interface script will modify the DLE and amandapass files
accordingly.

This interface is written in PHP (with a small part in Perl) and
should run on the Amanda server, under the Amanda user and group.

So far the interface has been tested for Windows 2000 and Windows XP
only. It should work with Windows NT; the part about old Windows 98
exists only as a phantom. I will add Windows Vista as soon as I have
the need for it.

I once wrote this interface in Perl and I recently ported to PHP. I
have not distribution package, it was written for our internal usage
only, but you can contact me, I will be more than happy to share my
work with you.

Bests,

Olivier