Amanda-Users

Re: Using a tape autoloader

2008-08-19 17:16:22
Subject: Re: Using a tape autoloader
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <sgw AT amanda DOT org>
To: Adriana Liendo <aliendo AT funvisis.gob DOT ve>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 22:59:05 +0200
Adriana Liendo schrieb:
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to configure Amanda, using a tape autoloader. I think I could use two tape during the backup. Therefore, I'm trying to set amanda so that it uses *tpchnger "chg-multi"*.

Why did you choose that one?

Why not use chg-zd-mtx, look inside that script and you find a rather good explanation how to make it work.

But this device has just 1 driver (/dev/nst0). My question is that when I configure the file *chg-multi.conf *I have to set the slots to be used. I set just 1 slot, but it says that is empty (changer error: slot 1: chg-multi: slot is empty). I don't know if I'm using a wrong option for the tapes control.

changerdev "/dev/null"

You need something like /dev/sg0 here:

changerdev "/dev/sg0"

Look for that device first, than try something like:

mtx -f /dev/sg0 status

to see if that returns information about slots etc.

Greets, Stefan