Amanda-Users

Re: Glib detection failing

2008-08-18 12:32:57
Subject: Re: Glib detection failing
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda users list <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 12:19:02 -0400
On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 11:10:54AM -0400, stan wrote:
> I am trying to build 2.6.0p1 om Solaris 2.5.2 and it is failing to detect
> glib, which is installed:
>
>  glib (sparc) 2.14.1
>
> I get the folowing from pkgadd when I try to install it:
>
> This appears to be an attempt to install the same architecture and
> version of a package which is already installed.  This installation
> will attempt to overwrite this package.
>
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.16... yes
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.2.0... no
> *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
> *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for
> the
> *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly
> installed.
> configure: error: glib not found or too old; See
> http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/
> Installation for help

Stan,
I sent this direct as it is extremely non-authoritative.
I.e. I don't have a clue if I'm correct or not.

Obviously Solaris 2.5 is way old.  Maybe there is not
glib version available that is new enough for what
amanda expects/requires for its 2.6 releases.

I've see some gnome software that has funny numbering.
Like 2.1 > 2.11 > 2.12 > 2.2 > 2.21
So it could look like 2.11 and 2.12 etc are newer than 2.2.
I don't know if your glib 2.16 is newer than 2.2 or not.

Note too there is a glib and a glib2.  I'm not sure what
amanda is requiring.

If you are pretty confident that you have a suitable glib
installed, locate its position (find, locate, or pkg cmds)
and make sure that its directory is in your library lookup
paths.  One way you could make sure of it is to do the
following before doing the amanda config/build:

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=<absolute_path_to_glib_directory>:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

If that gets past the config stage, you may have to set
some lib paths in the makefile.

jl
 JG Computing
 12027 Creekbend Drive          (703) 787-0884
 Reston, VA  20194              (703) 787-0922 (fax)