Amanda-Users

Using a tape autoloader

2008-08-19 16:40:20
Subject: Using a tape autoloader
From: Adriana Liendo <aliendo AT funvisis.gob DOT ve>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:42:19 -0430
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to configure Amanda, using a tape autoloader. I think I could use two tape during the backup. Therefore, I'm trying to set amanda so that it uses tpchnger "chg-multi". But this device has just 1 driver (/dev/nst0). My question is that when I configure the file chg-multi.conf I have to set the slots to be used. I set just 1 slot, but it says that is empty (changer error: slot 1: chg-multi: slot is empty). I don't know if I'm using a wrong option for the tapes control.

This is may amanda.conf file:
org      "Diario"
mailto   "amanda"
dumpuser "amanda"
inparallel 4
dumporder "sssS"
taperalgo first
displayunit "k"
netusage  600 Kbps
dumpcycle 4 weeks
runspercycle 20
tapecycle 25 tapes
bumpsize 20 Mb
bumppercent 20
bumpdays 1
bumpmult 4
etimeout 300
dtimeout 1800
ctimeout 30
tapebufs 20
usetimestamps yes
runtapes 2
tpchanger "chg-multi"
tapedev "/dev/nst0"
rawtapedev "/dev/null"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/diario/chg-multi.conf"
changerdev "/dev/null"
maxdumpsize -1
tapetype LTO3
labelstr "diario-[0-9][0-9]*$"
amrecover_do_fsf yes
amrecover_check_label yes
amrecover_changer ""
holdingdisk hd1 {
    comment "main holding disk"
    directory "/dumps/amanda"
    use -100 Mb
    chunksize 1Gb
    }
autoflush no
infofile "/etc/amanda/diario/curinfo"
logdir   "/etc/amanda/diario"
indexdir "/etc/amanda/diario/index"
define tapetype LTO3 {
    comment "just produced by tapetype prog (hardware compression on)"
    length 386048 mbytes
    filemark 0 kbytes
    speed 67787 kps
}

And the chg-multi.conf file, says
multieject 0
gravity 0
needeject 1
ejectdelay 0
firstslot 1
lastslot 1
slot 1 /dev/nst0

I think the autoloader could change the tapes by itself (as long as it is configure to do so), so that I could be able to use just 1 slot, but I don't know how could work amanda (in order to do the recovery) to define which tape should use, should I configure (with amlabel) with the same label 2 tape for each id (?).

Best Regards
Ing. Adriana Liendo

y se considera que está limpio.
FUNVISIS - Fundacion Venezolana de Investigaciones Sismologicas