Amanda-Users

Re: Checking for GLIB error

2008-07-29 10:13:27
Subject: Re: Checking for GLIB error
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Nick Smith" <nick.smith AT techop DOT ch>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:03:55 -0400
On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 5:12 AM, Nick Smith <nick.smith AT techop DOT ch> wrote:
> FYI I was able to get Amanda 2.6.0p1 to compile on OpenSolaris 2008.05
> *without* any external dependencies! I used the SunStudio 12 and the
> GLIB 2.0 that's supplied with GNOME Desktop Developer packages (so there
> still some dependencies).

Great!  This reflects my understanding that there are two ways to
build 2.6.0 on Solaris: with gcc + a gcc-based glib, or with SunStudio
+ the built-in glib.

Would you mind updating the relevant wiki page to make this clearer to
future users?

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation/OS_Specific_Notes/Installing_Amanda_on_Solaris

Dustin

--