Amanda-Users

Re: Checking for GLIB error

2008-07-24 11:51:04
Subject: Re: Checking for GLIB error
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "McGraw, Robert P" <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:45:42 -0400
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 11:22 AM, McGraw, Robert P <rmcgraw AT purdue DOT edu>
wrote:
> I assume that this is not working because of the compile error. I assume
> that the invalid option is the -mt.
>
> I am not sure what is causing this option in be inserted. Any suggestions.

http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Installation/OS_Specific_Notes/Installing_Amanda_on_Solaris#GNU_gcc

In particular, you need to use the same compiler that glib was
compiled with. The reason is that glib supplies compiler flags via
pkg-config.  That's where the -mt option is coming from.  Blastwave
compiles with the Sun compiler, so you'll need to use that.

Compiling on Solaris is annoying, but I'm probably preaching to the
choir on that point :)

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer