Amanda-Users

Re: Is there a log that tells me the block size of a Backup Job

2008-07-23 00:00:14
Subject: Re: Is there a log that tells me the block size of a Backup Job
From: "Doyle Collings" <dcollings AT loganutah DOT org>
To: "Joshua Baker-LePain" <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:51:47 -0600
I tried just blocksize 2043 with the same result.

Is there a way to manually define the tapetype from the command line and echo
the results of each command?
Is there some kind of config command to check a configuration status?

>>> Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu> 7/22/2008 3:56 PM >>>
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 at 3:06pm, Doyle Collings wrote

> I am using a Tandberg Data 1x7 Magnum LTO4 Autoloader. When I use gnutar with
> a block size of 2048 (tar -b 4096) I can back up a 2.6 gig iso file in 37
> seconds. When I use amanda, the same file takes 4 minutes. I used the
> following configure line when I compiled my amanda installation.
>
> /downloads/amandasource/amanda-2.6.0p1/configure --with-maxtapeblocksize=2048
> --with-user=amandabackup --with-group=disk --with-configdir=/etc/amanda
>
> I then added the blocksize line to my amanda.conf
>
> define tapetype LTO4 {
> comment "LTO4 Library"
> length 802816 mbytes
> blocksize 2048 kbytes
> filemark 0 kbytes

On a whim, try "blocksize 2048".  'man amanda.conf' says that no modifier
is necessary, so maybe it's confusing the parser somehow.  From a quick
grep through my logs, I can't see the blocksize used reported anywhere.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin