Amanda-Users

RE: dumporder parameter

2008-07-22 13:12:54
Subject: RE: dumporder parameter
From: "Johan Booysen" <johan AT matrix-data.co DOT uk>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:07:27 +0100
Hi,

No worries - I thought maybe my question was obvious to the point of not
being worthy a reply...  :)

Paul Bijns did point out to me that the starttime parameter would be the
one to try, so I will do that.  Here's what he said:

The dumpers are not spread in order of the disklist.  You cannot map
the third letter to the third server.

There is the disklist parameter  "starttime":

  starttime  int
    Default: none. Backups will not start until after this time of day.
The
    value should be hh*100+mm, e.g. 6:30PM (18:30) would be entered as
1830.

e.g.
   Server2    /dir4/backups/backup1   {
                        comp-user-tar
                        dumpcycle 0     # force a full backup each time
                        starttime 0700
                        }
   Server3   /dir5/backups/backup2  {
                        comp-user-tar
                        dumpcycle 0
                        starttime 0705
                        }

So I've implemented his suggestions and will see what happens on the
next Amanda run.

Thanks!

Johan