Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda 2.6.0 spanning

2008-06-24 08:50:17
Subject: RE: Amanda 2.6.0 spanning
From: "Johan Booysen" <johan AT matrix-data.co DOT uk>
To: "amanda List" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 13:39:07 +0100
Hmm, that's weird.  My tapecycle specifies 25 tapes.

What I'm trying to do is to "bring over" the old server's
index/log/tapelist/disklist files etc to the config on the new server,
to test that I can do restores from tapes written by the old server.

What I've done in the meantime is to create a second config to do a test
amdump, so as not to affect the production config, so to speak.  And
I've labelled some spare tapes for the second config for this purpose so
I don't mess with the production set of tapes.

I must have missed something out regarding the existing tapes from the
old server - will double-check it all again.

Thanks!