Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda 2.5.0 spanning

2008-06-09 09:11:16
Subject: Re: Amanda 2.5.0 spanning
From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Johan Booysen <johan AT matrix-data.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 08:25:25 -0400
Johan Booysen wrote:
Ok, on Thurday night at 21:00 I kicked off a backup job that should span
over 2 tapes.  I wasn't in the office on Friday, but this morning the
first tape was ejected, and amstatus tells me the following:

server:/whatever/clients  0127494663k writing to tape (9:43:32)

I believe then that amanda wrote stuff to tape until 09:43 on Friday
morning, and then filled up the first tape, ejected it, and has been
patiently waiting for the second tape.  Or will it have timed out by
now?

So I inserted the second tape this morning, and nothing seems to be
happening at all.  It certainly does not appear to be writing anything
to the second tape...

What's the best way of seeing what amanda's doing now?

I've tried the following:

Amcheck skips the tape check, and tells me that amdump or amflush is
running.

Changer.debug contains lots of these (lots and lots):
  -> rewind /dev/nst0
  /dev/nst0 rewind failed: Input/output error
  -> status /dev/nst0
  /dev/nst0 status failed: Input/output error
  -> loaded <>
chg-manual check regularly if you put a tape in the drive, if you put a valid tape in the driver then it should succeed, are they the latest lines of the files?

Maybe try another tape.

Jean-Louis