Amanda-Users

RE: Amanda 2.5.0 spanning

2008-06-04 11:10:21
Subject: RE: Amanda 2.5.0 spanning
From: "Johan Booysen" <johan AT matrix-data.co DOT uk>
To: "Amanda user's group" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 16:04:05 +0100
Hi,

I've now gotten as far as getting Amanda to think the tape drive has 2
slots (I believe)...well at least I can do an amcheck  successfully...

One question:
When amdump runs and fills up the first tape, what should I expect to
see?
Does Amanda simply eject the first tape and just waits until the second
tape is inserted?
Does it give any sort of indication that it's time to insert the second
tape?

Just a little confused over that issue.

Thanks very much.