Amanda-Users

[Amanda-users] confusing problem with NO-NEW-TAPE

2008-06-07 00:06:35
Subject: [Amanda-users] confusing problem with NO-NEW-TAPE
From: nbarss <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 20:36:34 -0400
A couple of people have asked me if I have solved this, and I have not.

The error seems to be a problem with the taper not being able to write to my
tape drive.  It sends a REQUEST_NEW_TAPE to the driver, who replies NO_NEW_TAPE.

I am unable to figure out what the problem is.  What problem is the taper
having with the mounted tape, and why does driver instruct it not to use a new
one?

I have also found what I think must be a typo or bug - I get the following line
in my logs:

taper: Total dump size should be 130801kb, part size is 21474836480kb

That partsize seems to correlate with my "tape_splitsize 20 gb", except it
seems to think my partsize is somewhere around 20 petabytes.  I can't seem to
get tapes that size: I even asked at RadioShack ;).

It could just be an extra 'kb' tacked on the end, or a serious calculation
error.

The dump that I am trying to do is less than 2gb, and the LTO2 has 200gb.

can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks!

Nathan