Amanda-Users

Re: [Amanda-users] confusing problem with NO-NEW-TAPE

2008-06-07 00:45:32
Subject: Re: [Amanda-users] confusing problem with NO-NEW-TAPE
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 00:41:10 -0400
On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 8:36 PM, nbarss <amanda-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:
> taper: Total dump size should be 130801kb, part size is 21474836480kb
..
> It could just be an extra 'kb' tacked on the end, or a serious calculation
> error.

It is just a typo, but should definitely be fixed.  Amanda has a bad
habit of storing some lengths in kb and some in bytes.  We're slowly
standardizing on bytes.

As for the rest -- I don't have an immediate answer.  Can you send
your whole amflush log, as well as the taper debug log?

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com