Amanda-Users

partial success with Amanda under StrongBolt/CentOS on Cobalt Raq4

2008-06-05 14:16:36
Subject: partial success with Amanda under StrongBolt/CentOS on Cobalt Raq4
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 07:14:57 +1000 (EST)

I tried to set up Amanda last night on my Cobalt Raq4i which is now running the StrongBolt operating system which is built around CentOS 4.4.

v2.6.0 of Amanda won't configure because glib-config is returning a version number less than 2.2.0 (I think the default glib version is 2.0 in the OS distribution), so I tried v2.5.2p1 which is what I run on the tape server machine (Sun Ultra 2), and this workstation (Sun blade 1000).

Configuring and compiling v2.5.2p1 worked fine - CentOS uses the xinetd functionality so that was simple to set up after installing the compiled Amanda software.

I have amcheck on the tape server host talking fine to the Raq4i but at the moment it's giving back errors that amandad can't access the disk devices. I've already added the 'amanda' user to the 'sys' group, and chgrp'd all the disk devices to group 'sys' which should have worked, but perhaps I'm overlooking something seeing at the OS is a modern Linux and I'm used to Solaris. I'm sure it's something simple. 8-)

But apart from that, at least the software has configured, compiled and installed without any problems, and I've set up communication between amandad on the Cobalt and the Amanda software on the tape server host.

Craig.

--
Post by Craig Dewick (tm). Web @ "http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick";.
Email 2 "cdewick AT lios.apana.org DOT au". SunShack @ "http://www.sunshack.org";