Amanda-Users

Re: trouble with AIX clients and Linux server

2008-05-22 15:48:39
Subject: Re: trouble with AIX clients and Linux server
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: freelsjd AT ornl DOT gov
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 15:35:16 -0400
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Freels, James D. <freelsjd AT ornl DOT gov>
wrote:
> We took a look at uustat and the only locked files were some batch jobs
> we had running.  In addition, we have rebooted while trying to debug
> this, and have only run amanda after the reboot while debugging.  So, if
> there is something else locking /etc/amandates, what would it be beside
> AMANDA ?

I'm not sure what to suggest, then.  gnutar doesn't write to
/etc/amandates -- Amanda does -- so it would be unusual for gnutar to
be locking it.  One solution may be to simply comment out the code
that is locking amandates, on the assumption that you are not using
it.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer