Amanda-Users

amrecover: Extractor child exited with status 2

2008-05-02 11:53:31
Subject: amrecover: Extractor child exited with status 2
From: Yogesh Hasabnis <yhmail29 AT yahoo.co DOT in>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 05:59:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

We have been using AMANDA 2.5.0p2 for our backup requirements for last one year. Thankfully, I have not come accross many situations that require data restoration during this time period. So I was doing data restoration trials using "amrecover" to make sure that the data that has been backed up, is getting restored properly. The data seems to be getting restored in this test restore session, but I observe the following error for every tape cartridge:

tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
amrecover: Extractor child exited with status 2
extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1

I want to know about how serious this error is and would be grateful if I get some suggestion for resolving this error.

Thanks in advance.

Yogesh Hasabnis