Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover: Extractor child exited with status 2

2008-05-05 05:03:57
Subject: Re: amrecover: Extractor child exited with status 2
From: "Gerrit A. Smit -TI-" <TI AT ATComputing DOT nl>
To: Yogesh Hasabnis <yhmail29 AT yahoo.co DOT in>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 10:03:51 +0200
Op vr 02mei08 om 05:59 schreef Yogesh Hasabnis:

>  ... I observe
>  the following error for every tape cartridge:
>
>  tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
>  amrecover: Extractor child exited with status 2
>  extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
>
>  I want to know about how serious this error is and would be grateful
>  if I get some suggestion for resolving this error.

I unwillingly came across this situation a few days ago.

I was disturbed by the tar message, but quickly learned that it had to I
do with previous tar errors I had seen. In my case I was very happy with
this behaviour of tar, because it kept on doing what it was asked to do.

So: I think you should try to get hold of those 'previous errors'
(i.e. read between the lines of the verbose output of tar) to see how
serious they are.

Gerrit