Amanda-Users

Windows Server 2003 cant execute amandad.exe via inetd

2008-05-01 15:20:34
Subject: Windows Server 2003 cant execute amandad.exe via inetd
From: Chad Kotil <ckotil AT grnoc.iu DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 14:20:16 -0400
I've hit a brick wall in getting the amanda client 2.6.0 to work on windows server 2003. I used the .msi package available on zmanda.com,  I can start inetd just fine, and xinetd too. But both of them fail to exectue amandad.exe. Here is the error that appears in the Windows Application logs.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: inetd
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0