Amanda-Users

Re: NFS mount tar incremental problem

2008-03-25 09:45:53
Subject: Re: NFS mount tar incremental problem
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 09:38:29 -0400
>  But the tar people don't want to hear it, their attitude is to fix the os
>  instead, I've exchanged emails with them in 2 flurries now.  They are
>  congentially incapable of understanding the problem I believe.

Jean-Louis posted a patch there recently to fix the NFS detection,
which goes halfway to fixing the problem, and proposed a complete fix.

I think we should start a letter-writing campaign in support of his
patch: everyone who's been following this issue, please head over to
bug-tar and make some noise.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-tar/2008-03/msg00023.html --
Jean-Louis' patch post
http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-tar AT gnu DOT org/msg01767.html -- Jordan
Desroche's post

google can help you find some more posts.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com