Amanda-Users

Re: selfcheck request timeout

2008-01-23 10:40:37
Subject: Re: selfcheck request timeout
From: Kermit Short <herald AT shortesys DOT net>
To: Paul Bijnens <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:30:10 -0700
Thanks, Paul, for your helpful responses! As you requested, I've tried to run the amadmin command but it seems this version doesn't know that parameter of amadmin:

backup@zeus:~$ amadmin DailySet1 config
amadmin: unknown command "config"

However, as this is a binary package, I'm not entirely certain of all the options used to build it. The package notes indicate that the "Amanda User" is backup with group backup.

The permissions for the amandahosts file are:
-rw-rw---- 1 backup backup 120 2008-01-21 22:06 amandahosts

There is indeed a /tmp/amanda directory as follows, but it is empty. Permissions, as you see, are set correctly.
drwx--S---  2 backup backup 4096 2008-01-23 00:45 amanda

Neither root nor backup users on the system are receiving mail from the amanda process, failure notices or otherwise. With no helpful logs or other output, I can't tell where things are failing, so if anyone has any gotchas, I'd love to hear about it! Thanks for the help Paul!

-Kermit