Amanda-Users

Re: first time rotating tapes with Amanada

2007-11-26 17:02:56
Subject: Re: first time rotating tapes with Amanada
From: Toomas Aas <toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee>
To: gil AT vidals DOT net, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 23:56:25 +0200
Gil Vidals wrote:

I'm new to Amanda and I'm preparing to rotate tapes for the first time. I have an autoloader that holds 10 tapes all under the amanda.conf as DailySet1. And I just ordered 10 more (new) tapes, but I'm not clear as to when do I pull out tapes and put in the new ones???

I currently have these dump cycle settings and my intention is for the fulls to occur every 5 days dumpcycle 5 days runspercycle 5 tapecycle 10 tapes

I understand that the plan is to stop using your current 10 tapes and start using the new 10 tapes instead? In that case, you should mark your existing tapes as not reusable

amadmin DailySet1 no-reuse Tape01
amadmin DailySet1 no-reuse Tape02

then just take out the tapes, put in new tapes and label them with new labels
amlabel DailySet1 Tape11
amlabel DailySet1 Tape12

Sorry if I misunderstood your intention.

--
Toomas

... 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?