Amanda-Users

Re: can amanda backup symlink?

2007-11-21 09:36:15
Subject: Re: can amanda backup symlink?
From: Rob Dyke <rob AT comwifinet DOT com>
To: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:28:36 +0000 (GMT)
These last few weeks we've been using Zmanda to backup our mysql databases,
replacing the filesystem backups we were doing before.

I recently needed to recover a server using amanda/zmanda. All I had to do for
the mysql database was create a single user in a newly installed copy of mysql
before asking Zmanda to restore all data. All data restored to dattabase while
amanda/gnu-tar restored all the filesystem. Services restarted, backup and
running.

Have a look at zmanda / amanda in parallel.

Rob

--
Rob Dyke

Technologist