Amanda-Users

can amanda backup symlink?

2007-11-21 02:28:31
Subject: can amanda backup symlink?
From: fedora <zuki AT abamon DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:20:04 -0800 (PST)
Hi huys..

I have 2 situations:

1) default directory for MySQL is /var/lib/mysql. If this directory is link
to /var2/db/mysql and if I put /var/lib/mysql in disklist, can amanda do
backup? I think this should be can backup. May I know which directory is the
best to put in disklist for this case?

2) how about this one. In /var/lib/mysql has databases but certain databases
in linking to /var3/mysql like:

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           42 May 16  2007 AngelClub ->
/var3/mysql/AngelClub
drwx------    2 mysql    mysql        4096 Nov 13 11:55 BabyMobile
drwx------    2 mysql    mysql        4096 Nov 13 11:55 BestClub

If I put only /var/lib/mysql in disklist, can amanda backup for /var3/mysql?
Or should add both /var/lib/mysql and /var3/mysql in disklist? Please
advise.