Amanda-Users

Clarification on source code hierarchy

2007-11-06 06:31:56
Subject: Clarification on source code hierarchy
From: silpa kala <silpakala AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 03:25:41 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I am using 2.5.2p1 version for Amanda. I configured
Amanda by executing ./configure --with-user=root
--with-user=group. In this case there is no shell
script files genereated in sub-directories like
amandad-src,tape-src.

I executed the make command and found shell scripts
are created for amdd & ammt in tape-src. It is
happening for each sub-directory. Why these shell
scripts is required?

If don't want to keep those shell-scripts because
already executables are present. Shall i delete those
creation from the Makefile. What is effect for this?

Please help me to understand the source code
hierarchy.

Thanks & Regards,
Silpkala