Amanda-Users

Re: Clarification on source code hierarchy

2007-11-06 10:00:44
Subject: Re: Clarification on source code hierarchy
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: "silpa kala" <silpakala AT yahoo DOT com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 08:52:37 -0600
On 11/6/07, silpa kala <silpakala AT yahoo DOT com> wrote:
> I executed the make command and found shell scripts
> are created for amdd & ammt in tape-src. It is
> happening for each sub-directory. Why these shell
> scripts is required?

This is a feature of libtool.  The explanation is rather complex, but
it has to do with shared-object linking and absolute paths.  On
install, the actual binary will be installed -- not the shell script.

Note, however, that some Amanda applications *are* shell scripts (e.g., amdump).

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com