Amanda-Users

Request information on multi-volume backup

2007-11-06 03:49:48
Subject: Request information on multi-volume backup
From: silpa kala <silpakala AT yahoo DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 00:40:02 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I have a doubt on multi-volume backup. Generally
Amanda performs backup capacity same as the media can
hold. am I correct?

Amanda supports multi-volume tape backup means how
many tapes it will support for one single operation.
Suppose I am having 4 tapes  and each one holds 40GB
means total 160GB.Now I want to take the backup for
amanda is 150GB; Whether is it supports? If it
supports how to configuration for this?

What tape_splitsize exactly do?

Thanks in advise.

Regards,