Amanda-Users

Re: "nicing down" the client

2007-11-01 14:04:30
Subject: Re: "nicing down" the client
From: Ian Turner <ian AT zmanda DOT com>
To: Don Murray <samba AT geeksrus DOT ca>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 14:02:20 -0400
Don,

The easiest way is to lower the priority of the amandad daemon that runs on
the client. If you are using xinetd, you can just add a nice entry to the
amandad service. If you are using BSD inetd, you can use the nice program;
change the command from "amanda dgram udp wait
amandabackup /usr/sbin/amandad" to "amanda dgram udp wait
amandabackup /usr/bin/nice /usr/sbin/amandad"

Cheers,

--Ian

--
Zmanda: Open Source Backup and Recovery.
        http://www.zmanda.com