Amanda-Users

scheduling questions

2007-10-26 15:01:22
Subject: scheduling questions
From: "Krahn, Anderson" <AKrahn AT gs1us DOT org>
To: "Paul Bijnens" <Paul.Bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:55:32 -0500
Hi I have another question regarding the scheduling.
After running a backup I get this from the report.
planner: Last full dump of qaapp13-bkup.1sync.org:/opt on tape EGV006
overwritten in 1 run.
  planner: Last full dump of qaapp13-bkup.1sync.org:/home on tape EGV006
overwritten in 1 run.
  planner: Last full dump of qaapp70-bkup.1sync.org:/ on tape EGV006
overwritten in 1 run.

Does that mean the full dump was overwritten. I was my understanding
that Amanda does not do a full dump but rather schedules a full dump on
only certain clients.
Here are the scheduling parameters.

inparallel 26
dumpcycle 7 days
runspercycle  1
tapecycle 5 tapes
runtapes 3
define dumptype always-full-tar {
    global
    comment "Full backups using tar"
    compress NONE
    priority high
    index yes
    program "GNUTAR"
    maxdumps 8
    exclude list "/home/amanda/exclude_list"
}
Also does this configuration comply with a 2 week expiration period?
How can I change it to complete a 1 full dump 1 once a week with a 2
week expiration period?
Thanks