Amanda-Users

Re: Still having connection problems

2007-10-24 22:26:14
Subject: Re: Still having connection problems
From: "Dustin J. Mitchell" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
To: fmouse AT fmp DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 21:18:40 -0500
On 10/24/07, Lindsay Haisley <fmouse AT fmp DOT com> wrote:
> Is there any way to turn off or bypass security on the amanda server
> altogether until I get the problem solved?  Is there some other setting
> I need to muck with or some diagnostic I can run to help debug this?

You might want to try ssh authentication.  I may be unusual here, but
I find the bsd* auth mechanisms to be totally archaic, and they
probably account for 60% of the support burden on this list.

SSH auth is nice because you can pretty much test it with good 'ol
"ssh".  And it only uses one port, which makes firewalling a bit
easier.

Dustin

--
Storage Software Engineer