Amanda-Users

RE: backup/recover using tar and hard links

2007-10-22 10:46:54
Subject: RE: backup/recover using tar and hard links
From: "Dennis Ortsen" <dortsen AT gmail DOT com>
To: "'Mitch Collinsworth'" <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu>, "'Dustin J. Mitchell'" <dustin AT zmanda DOT com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:39:32 +0200
Using the "singleinstancestore" is very effective on our site. Teachers
often send emails to classes or institutions or even faculties. Using the
singleinstancestore would be quite a waste of space.

I've recovered the cyrus partition completely and then copied the mailbox
files I needed. That worked fine this time.

Dustin: I'm not putting too much effort in the tar bug, since the server
running that tar version is pretty old (FC2). Changes are the bug has
already been fixed. We're planning an upgrade later this year to RHEL5. If
that contains the same/similar bug, we'll submit that at Red Hat.

Thanks guys

Br.

Dennis