Amanda-Users

hitting EOT early?

2007-10-16 10:26:31
Subject: hitting EOT early?
From: Nick Brockner <nbrockne AT hamilton DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:18:15 -0400
Hi All,

I am using amanda 2.5.1p1, and I have just started seeing this (with the failing of the DLE that is currently on):

planner: Last full dump of <HOSTNAME1>:/home on tape  overwritten in 1 run.
taper: tape weekly-2/tape-3 kb 30827264 fm 28 writing file: No space left on device taper: retrying <HOSTNAME2>:/.0 on new tape due to: [writing file: No space left on device]
  taper: tape weekly-2/tape-6 kb 0 fm 0 [OK]

I am using DAT72, so I should be getting 36 G of usable space. Please help, as I can't get the spanning to work either, and when it tries to write to the next tape, it just dies for some reason. . .

Be aware that <HOSTNAME2> is the backup server itself, and has holding disk turned off.

Thanks,
Nick